27 March 2008

Expo Ecofuturiste: The Earth is My Garden - Olivier Roche


There were several works of art in this exhibition that I loved but this is my absolute favourite. When I first saw it, my heart stopped - the words seem to float in the air, following the shape of the trees. It's quite wondrous or is to me.

You can see in the small photograph a longer shot of this. (click on it to enlarge) And in the third photo - The Earth is my Garden - Open your Eyes.

Olivier Roche is a visual artist photographer who lives and works in Nice. To read more about him and see more of his work, please click on the link.

'It is perhaps through awareness of who we really are and the understanding of the universality of things that we can respect nature, diversity and others' - Olivier Roche.

Thanks so much to everyone who has stayed the course and visited all the exhibits. Tomorrow, back to everyday Monte Carlo.

4 comments:

Irredento Urbanita said...

Earth is our entire world !!! Nice work.

Greetings

www.bcndailyphoto.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It is quite remarkable, Jilly. People seldom heed this advice though and blunder on through life without ever smelling the farts and roses along the way.

Nice photography.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio

Nathalie H.D. said...

I love the concept and the distant effect of words floating between the trees.

But I think he should have worked on a nicer letter design. This one is too stiff.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous exhibit to finish the series on, Jilly. It is so true and every day when I walk around our property I am in awe of nature so Olivier's words have a resonance with me. Lovely photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails