30 December 2008

Christmas on the Port of Monaco - the Lady in the Olive Tree


In one corner of the Christmas Fair, you'll find these strange olive trees for sale. A portion of the tree, that has presumably died back, has been carved and waxed. Here you see a lady growing out of the tree.

For anyone interested, today is a BIG DAY at Pension Milou as we are adopting two dogs rescued from a Hell Hole. Shut in a roughly 2 metre square run for 8 years, never let out and never cleaned out. Yes, living on 8 years of excrement. They were lifted out of there yesterday and are currently en route to me from the Languedoc - should be here in a few hours! Obviously, I've not met them - the first dogs given a home by email! If you want to follow the excitement please read more on Postcards from 'Pension Milou.'

10 comments:

TOG said...

Absolute art, it can't get better then that.

Tanya Breese said...

That is so neat, I love it! Amazing!

Hilda said...

This is a little too much for my overactive imagination — I don't think I'll be able to sleep with a tree like this in our garden.

I love all the nativity scenes that you posted. They're all gorgeous and yesterday's was awesome.

I'm on my way to your other blog now. I am so glad they got rescued from that hell hole!

maria said...

Jilly, you're a good woman. No dog should have to live in such awful conditions.
I'm sure Maya and Miss will one day let you know how grateful they are to you for saving them -- my two dogs came from the Humane Society and are the most thankful, fiercely loyal and loving dogs we've ever had.

This olive tree carving is interesting (olive wood is beautiful!) but (I will have to agree with Hilda) not in my garden.

glenda said...

Read your Postcards from Pension Milou. My heart goes out to animals in these conditions. Thank goodness these guys will have a good home after eight years. The olive tree is quite unique.

Small City Scenes said...

I love the tree. I would like to see some more. I have done Bonsai and have jinned a branch like that.

Thank you for saving the dogs. They are going to need much TLC. MB

Pat said...

That is a wonderful work of art! I would love to have it in my garden. And bravo for your help with those poor dogs.

Virginia said...

Can't wait to hear about the precious pups and bravo for giving them a loving home. Photos soon I hope. Bonne Anée to you!
V

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year!

May the coming year bring to you, the best yet!

Warm Regards

Rakesh
http://almostsunday.blogspot.com/

spacedlaw said...

What an extraordinary tree!
Good on you for rescuing those dogs.
Wishing you a peaceful new year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails