28 April 2010

Top Marques - the $1 million Luxury Armoured Car


You want an armoured car? You want a luxury armoured car? Let me introduce the Prombron (it used to be called RussoBaltique) and is made by Dartz, a Latvian company that has been making luxury armoured vehicles for VIPs for over 100 years. It is the oldest armored car brand in the World. Lenin's famous 1917 speech was given from a RussoBaltique armored car. Other famous clients include Trotsky and Tzar Nicolas.

At previous Top Marques exhibitions in Monaco, the leather interior of the Prombron was derived from the penis of the whale - the inspiration for which was Aristotle Onassis' yacht Christina O, which had bar stool seats made from sperm whale foreskin. Happily, after massive protests including one led by Pamela Anderson, Dartz now use artificial leather and are promoting a Save the Whale campaign on their rather bizarre website - take a look HERE.

This is a $1 million plus bullet proof vehicle with gauges encrusted with diamonds and rubies, and even an exhaust system made from tungsten. It has gold-plated, bulletproof windows and even bulletproof wheels.

Just what we need to pop down to the supermarket...

5 comments:

maria said...

Oh, my! People actually buy this thing? I'm speechless.....

Drew said...

I can assume this vehicle provides absolute safety for the late night drive to the grocery for chocolate ice cream.

Really great photos in this series Jilly. I'm still speachless over the '34 Ford.

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Jilly you know how I adore almost all cars... But I said c.a.r.s. not this "thing". I do totally agree with Maria and thank you for sharing this article (I ignored prombron until now)

Wayne said...

The irony is that anyone who'd buy this thing should be shot :-)

Rob Siemann said...

I rather go with the Ford!
This Pombron car is quite famous in the automotive industry (where I am working), but... It is rather show off and ugly, isn't it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails